ACUMEN enables you to set up a
GL system consisting of GL Accounts, GL Departments, and Consolidated
GL Departments are used for improving the organization of your
operating statements. Consolidated Accounts are accounts into
which you can "roll up" (summarize) any number of GL Accounts on
an operating statement or balance sheet.
In addition to thirteen pre-formatted standard financial reports,
the Financial Report Writer enables you to create and format your
own financial statements, store them, and print them in predefined
The ACUMEN Posting function enables you to fully control which data
updates the GL and other history files, and when. You can make entries
directly to the GL via Adjustments.
|General Ledger Features:
- Fiscal or Calendar year.
- Unlimited number of accounts.
- Up to 24 open periods (2 years) Periods in an open year can
be closed and reopened if necessary.
- User-definable account numbers.
- On-line graphs and tables of account balances.
- On-line tables of monthly account activity including subtotals
of subsidiary ledgers (accounting transaction files).
- Automatic backup of data file prior to posting.
- Automated year end closing.
- Budgets can be entered for all accounts up to five years into
- Standard financial reports can be exported to a spreadsheet
- Administrator can control which transaction posts.
- Sophisticated Post Journal provides detailed information about
- Financial reports can be automatically generated after each
- Single adjustment (journal entry) can be made to multiple accounts
- Adjustments can update individual customer or vendor accounts.
Financial Reports: The following pre-formatted standard financial
reports come with ACUMEN. An * following the name of the report signifies
that it was created using Quick Report and is part of the Quick Report
- Adjustment Journal: Detailed view
of user-selected adjustments. Can be printed at any time.
- Balance Sheet: Standard financial
report showing assets, liabilities and net worth.
- Balance Sheet 1 Yr. Comparative:
Compares your balance sheet as of any date with the year earlier
- Chart of Accounts*: Listing of
all GL Accounts.
- Detailed Audit Journal: Detailed
listing of all debits and credits for user- selected GL Accounts
for user -defined period.
- Operating Statement: Standard financial
report showing income, expenses and profit for year to date and
month of selected period.
- Operating Statement %: This is
just like the Standard Operating Statement but has columns showing
each GL account as a percentage of Total Income.
- Operating Stmnt 1 Yr. Comparative:
Compares your operating statement as of any date with the year
earlier operating statement.
- Operating Statement 4 Qtr %: Compares
your balance sheet as of any date with the year earlier balance
- Summary Audit Journal: Summary
of debits and credit by subsidiary ledger for user-selected GL
Accounts for user-defined period.
- Subsidiary Ledger Reconciliation:
Comparison of subsidiary ledgers with their corresponding GL Accounts.
- Trial Balance: Standard financial
report showing all GL accounts' starting balances, debits, credits,
and ending balances.
Report Writer: The ACUMEN Financial Report Writer is a powerful
tool that enables you to design your own financial statements.
- Combine Sales History and GL account information on one report.
- Comparisons against previous periods.
- Comparisons against budget.
- Custom reporting periods.
- Maintain batches of user-defined financial statements (including
a "post batch" which prints after each posting).
- "Roll up" GL accounts into user-defined consolidated accounts.
- Create summary reports, such as expenses by department.
- Create reports for specific accounts only, such as summary sales
and gross profits.
- Handles percentages.
|See some of the actual screens used
Account Activity Screenshots
Financial Reporting Screenshots